Tool section

whatnow?

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
My vote for additional categories would be to add a tool discussion area.

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
Interesting idea. I think this would be a fun area, but I haven't seen a lot of posts on the subject. If it was a new section would people start posting?

What does everyone think?

whatnow?

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I HATE BREAKING SHOVELS!!! Okay, enough screaming. I'm really not that heavy, but I manage to fold the steel part of a shovel back on itself at the handle, even on the upgraded models. Against my better judgment, I spent a ton of money on a way too heavy shovel last year and I LOVE it.

Add a tool section, and I'll tell you what it is. :p I'd hate for the junk equipment brands to throw off advertising bots, though...

Do you want to know about the higher end anvil pruner I just bought and broke? I'm really not a brute... I swear!

Maybe tools could be expanded by lumping it with a generic "supplies." Fencing, rooting compounds, package greenhouses, yard carts... I'd like to know what others are using and why it works for them.

Take care,
Grant

silkiechicken

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I hate NEW tools! They break all the time! I dug out some old shovels from an ex barn here before it totally fell down and they work great. Real wood handles that are cut right, and real tough metal that will bend if it hits a rock hard, and go right back. None of that three scoops and your handle is broke stuff. Good old stuff is the way to go. Just brush off the moss growing in the handle.

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
whatnow? said:
Maybe tools could be expanded by lumping it with a generic "supplies." Fencing, rooting compounds, package greenhouses, yard carts... I'd like to know what others are using and why it works for them.
Grant, that's a great idea!!

cknmom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I like the idea also. I am always on the lookout for products/ tools that work like they should.
Monica

SewingDiva

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Nifty said:
whatnow? said:
Grant, that's a great idea!!
I agree - seed starting stuff can go there too.

~Phyllis

Latest posts