Top Tips for Growing Chamomile in Your Garden

GottaGo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I tried chamomile 2 years ago, in a pot on the deck. Got some leaves, maybe 8 flowers, let it go. Last year, got about a dozen flowers (same pot, self-seeded), but only about 6" tall. Wonder if I'll see more this year? Or do you think I should transplant once they show up?

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I tried chamomile 2 years ago, in a pot on the deck. Got some leaves, maybe 8 flowers, let it go. Last year, got about a dozen flowers (same pot, self-seeded), but only about 6" tall. Wonder if I'll see more this year? Or do you think I should transplant once they show up?
I think I would transplant them if you think a few extra flowers won't fit in their current pot.

GottaGo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I think I would transplant them if you think a few extra flowers won't fit in their current pot.
I guess my question is, would they do better in a fresh pot? I'd like to get enough flowering plants to make use of them. The pot is well sized, I'm just not getting very many plants/flowers from them.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I guess my question is, would they do better in a fresh pot? I'd like to get enough flowering plants to make use of them. The pot is well sized, I'm just not getting very many plants/flowers from them.
I would test the soil and see what it might be missing. Good soil is the key for happy, productive plants!

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That's actually pretty neat! You would definitely need a chamomile harvesting comb for that, I have a friend with one of those and it works great. Otherwise you might get very frustrated trying to harvest each individual flower!
images

Latest posts