Topsy Turvey upside down planter??

MissPrissy

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I used homemade upside down buckets for tomatoes when we lived in the city in a townhouse. Worked perfectly.

OCMG

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Take a look at this. You can adjust the concept to your needs. Dome people use plastic bags, doubled and I even saw one that was made from an Angel food cake pan with the inside turned upside down. looked weird and it seemed to work.

Have fun I am going to try it with extra heavy duty plastic bags doubled and hung from the handles.

Lettuce Lady

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I thought the Topsy Tuvey was a scam then I drove by a house with a huge beautiful veg garden and they had several of these things hanging from a tree so there must be something to them. If I can make my own out of buckets that would be even better.

rockytopsis

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I know a lady that does this every year and claims they work great, but from what I have seen her fruits are very small compared to what I get from my garden.
Nancy

farmerlor

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
We used five gallon buckets and planted tomatoes and peppers in them. I wasn't terribly impressed with my tomato harvest out of the upside down planters. The fruits were smaller and overall production was less than what I got out of the same breed planted in the ground. The PEPPERS on the other hand did very, very well in the hanging buckets. I probably will plant my peppers in buckets from now on.

chickenchalupa

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I've used them and I got only two semi-red tomatos that season from it. I don't think I watered them enough and I hope to have better sucess with them this year.

cluckychick

Leafing Out
Reaction score
My mom bought one but they grew more than they actually produced. The tomato plant got huge but didn't really give any fruit. She planted two tomato plants in planters as well and those things grew and produced fruit like crazy.

Latest posts