Tranquil Weather Pattern?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was curious what Hurricane Sandy would do after it moved inland. First, I was looking at Pittsburgh weather and a lot of trees seemed to be going down along with some lightning damage during the early hours of the storm. Then, I checked on Montreal & Quebec City weather as the storm moved into Canada. It didn't seem to be that big of a problem by that time but, of course, my boots weren't on that ground :/.

The US Weather Services Short Range Public Discussion (link) is really quite encouraging!

I want to show you a new map I came across while following Sandy:

Wind Map (link) :)

Steve

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
wow, that wind map is really neat! but that area right over TX and OK looks like they might be in for some storm damage the way everything looks like it is swirling around it! :/

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today was one of the nicest November days that I can remember!

Nope, not much wind in my garden . . . I got quite a bit of clean-up done and even had some time to chat with a neighbor. He seems just about fully recovered from heart surgery performed about 9 months ago and it was really wonderful to see him in such good spirits again :).

It is very warm here for November with afternoon highs in the 50's. Looking ahead at the forecast and records, I think there is a good chance of hitting a record high on Tuesday. The record is 60F and the forecast is for 58. In fact, the Weather Service says that the thermometer will top 60 Monday but fall just short of that day's record high.

Steve
who harvested a couple of cabbages that were too small to bother with 3 weeks ago.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Chickie'sMomaInNH said:
wow, that wind map is really neat! but that area right over TX and OK looks like they might be in for some storm damage the way everything looks like it is swirling around it! :/
Wow yeah!

I looked at the day in Tulsa . . . 88F with wind gusts to 28mph!

"Elevated" fire danger there in Tulsa this afternoon . . .

Steve

desertcat

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but in good ole Amarillo, gusts of 28 mph is a gentle breeze! We're kinda like trout...gotta have moving "water" to be happy :lol: