transplanting mantra

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I moved tomato seedlings (96) out of their starter boxes and into flats this afternoon. Any real delicate stuff, I have to leave that for DW because I'm so ham-handed but I can do tomatoes.

It isn't as tho' I can't transplant the delicate stuff like snapdragons but - Heavens - it takes me a lot of time :rolleyes:!!

Something that comes around as often as springtime. So, I go into my mantra: Many roots, Some leaves, One stem . . . Many roots, Some leaves, One stem . . . Many roots, Some . . .

I don't seem to have broken a single stem. After moving to their new cells, they looked a little like that photograph in the new issue of National Geographic of the holy man submerged in water. Seedlings and I have all survived the ordeal, as best as I can tell.

Tomorrow, we begin again . . . Many roots, Some leaves, One stem . . . Many roots, Some leaves, One stem . . .

:rolleyes: Steve :rolleyes:

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well since you have it down, wanna come over finish doing mine. I still shake like I'm preforming surgery!!! :lol:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Shaking is okay, V.

Just don't do it enuf to damage the stem.

One stem, One stem . . . they have only One stem . . .

digitS'

On the broken stem of dreams
Only disappointments grow. ~ William Wetmore Story

All the world's misfortunes stemmed from the countless untruths, both deliberate and unintentional, which people told because of haste or carelessness. ~ Michael Ende

Nothing truly valuable arises from ambition or from a mere sense of duty; it stems rather from love and devotion towards men and towards objective things. ~ Albert Einstein

Dreams pass into the reality of action. From the actions stems the dream again; and this interdependence produces the highest form of living. ~ Anais Nin

Where is the man who has the power and skill To stem the torrent of a woman's will? For if she will, she will, you may depend on 't; And if she won't, she won't; so there's an end on 't. ~ Anonymous (& well, he should be)

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
boggybranch said:
My mantra......."oh, crap..oh, crap....hope this works".
Mine would be close... but this is a family friendly site, I'm keep my wording to myself! :lol:

Latest posts