Tried my hand at some weed smoldering over the weekend..

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
You have my complete sympathy Rick. Anybody who's ever had to deal with bermuda knows it's a wicked space alien with world domination on it's agenda. I think eradication isn't possible unless you go toxic . Keeping it manageable is a full time endeavor. I am so very happy that I don't have to deal with it anymore. Ecstatic even.
P.S. NEVER, NEVER, EVER, feed tour horses bermuda hay and then use their manure on the garden!!
You've been warned...;)

RickF

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks all! I've been hampered by recent weather lately (lots-o-rain -- now I guess just slightly radioactive from what I gather).. I'm hoping to get back to it soon..

MotherBrugger

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I agree with everyone else. I have a Meyer's lemon that I have twice hoed the drip circle of, hand-pulled and recovered with mulch. Just yesterday I noticed the $#@! grass is back and with a vengance. I'm not giving up though, I'm going to keep pulling the roots and stolons in larger and larger circles. They're loving the fertilizer these trees are fed. It's a never win, constant battle, but I don't give up that easily...just get older and more tired ;)

Latest posts