Tropic tomato plants

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
I purchased Tropic tomato seeds late in June for next year's growing season. I planted one seed in mid July as a test, as I really did not think that there would be enough time left in the season to grow them to maturity. The plant has set five trusses of tomatoes, and they are starting to ripen already. Now, I wish I had planted a half dozen seeds. What I find really strange is that the green fruit on the upper trusses is much larger than the first truss, which is show below. Mostly I have seen the larger fruit toward the bottom of the plant.:rolleyes:

tropicfruit.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Another gorgeous photograph, Jack!

Tomatofest, about Tropic Tomato: ". . . thick-walled and is excellent choice for garden or greenhouse production. . . . Great sweet tomatoey flavors."

Those "sweet tomatoey flavors" almost came thru your lens!

Steve

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yep, it is about time for you to post a pic to make us all sick with jealousy!!! You and your greenhouse should be featured in all the Harbor Freight catalogs!! Those have got to be the most beautiful tomatoes I have ever seen!

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
lesa said:
Yep, it is about time for you to post a pic to make us all sick with jealousy!!! You and your greenhouse should be featured in all the Harbor Freight catalogs!! Those have got to be the most beautiful tomatoes I have ever seen!
I am going to need lettuce to go with the tomatoes, so I am starting a few plants a week to keep a sequence going. I don't buy everything from Harbor Freight. The tub is from Tractor Supply ($12.00), the bottom reservoir from recycle, but the system pump is from Harbor Freight ($8.00) The nutrients are from Wal-Mart ($3.42), with just a few homespun "secret ingredients" I use four teaspoons every three weeks so I figure each salad we eat only costs a few cents.;)

mt2.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh sure, make me jealous with the lettuce too!! I am in the process of converting a "bus stop" to a greenhouse. I am hoping to be able to grow some lettuce and spinach without heat for at least part of the winter, we'll see...

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
lesa said:
Oh sure, make me jealous with the lettuce too!! I am in the process of converting a "bus stop" to a greenhouse. I am hoping to be able to grow some lettuce and spinach without heat for at least part of the winter, we'll see...
That should work just fine, as both of them like cool temperatures. How about a photo of YOUR project when it is completed? I just finished an indoor garden for the basement, and I am actually looking forward to fooling Mother Nature all winter long. :lol:

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
This sale runs from Oct. 6 - Oct 12 if there is any interest. You must print the coupon.

gh.jpg

Latest posts