Trust but Verify, or, Look Mary!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is for @ninnymary , to squash those ugly rumors about me being a slacker that she started somewhere else. 🤣

This is what I did today. I didn't want to, I would rather have been goofing around, but Mary provoked my conscience and since this good weather won't hold forever I thought now would be better than spring.

I cut down and cleaned up the front flower bed. The freeze we got dried out the smokebush foliage so it never got a chance to color up, and the dead leaves also don't want to drop. So it's pretty ugly. But it's fall and you can only do so much...

Before:

1573343797074.jpeg

1573344015244.jpeg

Thought I had a better after shot than this, but I must have got distracted.

1573344135931.jpeg

Mary, you can see your famous flying apple tree in the first picture. It's dormant but still holding it's leaves like the smokebush. When they drop I'm moving it into the garage for the winter.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
well @thistlebloom I need some one to goad me into a productive day! Although I think all but raking the leaves is done. The passion flower vine is mulched heavily, Wire around the Harry Lauder Walking Stick and Nanking Cherry the bunnies tend to want to girdle is done. I have started to do some decluttering in the house and took 3 boxes of things to a resale shop today. MUCH more to go, especially in the craft room. No need to sic @ninnymary on me, I have my Sister Jeni Ann ;)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sisters are kind of dependable that way! My sis told me to tell her my count down schedule for the TEG potluck in September so she could hold me accountable but I refused. Maybe I would have actually finished my list, but I don't like to be told what to do. 😁

She is the poster child for bossy big sisters anyway, so I come by it naturally.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Gracious, Mary. Are you celebrating that birthday you had not so long ago in this fashion? I guess regular visits to the gym and walks along the bay really help.

I've noticed that I commonly wait to the last minute to do my walking if'n it's indoors. Last minute before I lose all motivation. Of course, I yawn during every lap - boring. Let's see, I'd need about 5 sit-down breaks for 3 hours of hiking. Of course, it would have to be level ground!

It's good to see that others are being productive. Thistle', your homesite will evolve through your skill so as to provide all the inspiration for both enthusiastic creative effort and blissful rest. Shangri-La

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, it was about 6 miles at a brisk walk. On the way back I kept telling my husband that we could slow down that it was only 2 in the afternoon and we had plenty of light yet. I think I’m in decent shape but I had to take a few 30 seconds rest on the uphill portions. I was also afraid that I was starting to get a blister.

Hopefully I won’t feel it tomorrow.

Mary

Latest posts