Tulip Vent!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I just have to say, its a VERY windy spring day here... lovely 74 degrees.... but winds of an average 18 mph, with gusts up to 30. We're getting those huge gusts regularly too!

Well.... 50% of my tulips have lost their petals to the wind, and 4 of the tulips have snapped right in half. :he

I got to enjoy then for less then a week!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Are these the same ones that weren't the color you expected? Sounds like they were a disappointment through and through. :/

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
We are getting sustained winds of 25-30 mph and gusts up to 60 mph!! I never remember winds like we have had the last couple of years! Thankfuully my tulips aren't up yet. Only the little mini ones that aren't much bigger than my crocus' and the wind shouldn't do those much damage.

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
yeah i'm wondering if these are the tulips the color you didnt expect. You should of at least had to enjoy them for a week and half to 2 weeks depending on the weather, cooler shade tends to allow the flowers last longer. Maybe they have past their peak of blooming and now are fading, the petals probable were already weakening so the wind just allowed the petals to drift off.

Latest posts