Two legged Pest!

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I hate people sometimes! Sounds just like a post Ron started.

Sometime last night some kids (I think) came by and ripped out a bunch of plants and threw them all over.

I had sun flowers by the road just ready to set bloom, I thought it would be nice for folks driving by to enjoy some sun flowers. All Gone.

My Bamboo ripped up. they knocked over my boulder onto my new Fig tree that took months of rooting and love.

I am so mad. I feel like getting out my guns and wait tonight in the bush.
What kind of parents raise kids like this? And why are they running around at all hours of the night?

Well good thing for you folks here! I am about sick of people in the real world!

Joe

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That is so frustrating! It's bad enough when bugs and animals mess up the garden, but they're just doing what they were made to do. It's really sad that kids feel the need to be so destructive, especially of something beautiful.... :(

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am speechless.....

I just do not know what to say and I am SOOO very MAD for you! :barnie :smack :rant :rant :rant :somad :somad You should call the sheriff's dept and report the vandalism. If they did this to your place they'll do it elsewhere and the police can partol because I am quite sure there is a curfew.

I just....GRRRRRR!!!!!

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh Joe! :hit

I'm so sorry! It's such a shock when that kind of thing happens -- we get a lot of the same kind of behaviour over here in the UK. There seems to be a few evil-minded people who like to destroy what others have spent time making beautiful. :he

I have lost plants from my front garden in the past & it makes you feel sick that people will do something like that. Why destroy beauty???? :idunno

:hugs :hugs :hugs

:rose Hattie :rose

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The cops have been here so many times!
There is a lot of rentals near me. They come and go.

I guess I need to move my cameras out by the road some were.
I have cameras up because of things like this, but they can't see by the road with the new plants.

Today I will hide a camera in a post or something. It will record, whenever there is movement, onto a hard drive.

Did I mention I do CCTV on the side? I build PCs with video capture boards in them. Mine can monitor 16 cameras.
I have some on the house but of course not were they need to be.

Sorry about rambling on. It helps though. Eby keeps giving me that look, you know the look, as I mash keys over here. :somad

Joe

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Joe, I'm sorry to hear that. Would it help to take pictures and file a police report of vandalism?

Our local neighborhood Future Felons of America club contents themselves with playing Mailbox Baseball. Sometimes the homeowners wrap their mailbox posts (and even mailboxes) in cast concrete and rebar, which usually stops the behavior for a few months...then they start again :( However, if you file a police report and can show the town council or Homeowners' Association or whichever busybodies write the rules about front yards that this is a problem you intend to solve, then they will let you put up most any kind of fencing to keep the brats at bay.

The other options, punishing the brats' parents or, heaven forfend, the brats themselves, are never seen as an option. Don't ask me why, because it seems to me that some parents owe you a whole new landscaping crew, but apparently that sort of thing has gone out of fashion in these modern times. :old

Approximately how much trouble would you get into for a paintball gun? Do you have a dog big enough to handle that sort of thing? Our guard dog, a Great Pyrenees, makes a horrible enough racket that anyone who has not been introduced to him tends to cross the street upon hearing the barking.

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Rosalind said:
Joe, I'm sorry to hear that. Would it help to take pictures and file a police report of vandalism?

Our local neighborhood Future Felons of America club contents themselves with playing Mailbox Baseball. Sometimes the homeowners wrap their mailbox posts (and even mailboxes) in cast concrete and rebar, which usually stops the behavior for a few months...then they start again :( However, if you file a police report and can show the town council or Homeowners' Association or whichever busybodies write the rules about front yards that this is a problem you intend to solve, then they will let you put up most any kind of fencing to keep the brats at bay.

The other options, punishing the brats' parents or, heaven forfend, the brats themselves, are never seen as an option. Don't ask me why, because it seems to me that some parents owe you a whole new landscaping crew, but apparently that sort of thing has gone out of fashion in these modern times. :old

Approximately how much trouble would you get into for a paintball gun? Do you have a dog big enough to handle that sort of thing? Our guard dog, a Great Pyrenees, makes a horrible enough racket that anyone who has not been introduced to him tends to cross the street upon hearing the barking.
A paint ball gun would be very bad!
A lady in Tampa aimed a pressure washer at a kid harassing her and she went to jail for assault with a deadly weapon.

A fence is in my plans, with a automatic gate!

I am going to run a camera out there and move all the meanest plants out there. I have woods behind me with lots of cacti growing wild. I will have to find some century plants.
I will also get some Yucca.

Then when they play in my yard at night everyone will know who it is!
It will be the kid with all the holes in his arm and legs!

Joe

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I could never live in a traditional neighborhood, I would be a complete mess.

I suggest planting Stinging Nettles! There is another plant that is a legume which has a thorny stem, that would be good!

Mexican Red Bird of Paradise Caesalpinia pulcherrima

Dsc00069.jpg

Caesalpinia%20pulcherrima.jpg

here is the beauty behind the beauty, all these thorns!
Starr_080613-8786_Caesalpinia_bonduc.jpg

Sorry to hear this, I would have gone Postal already!

Ron :he

opps, forgot, I can get seeds to this for you! They are fun to grow! :bouquet

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Those would be cool Ron.
Nettles! I will be hunting some of them also!

How about some of these in my bushs?

elpungi.jpg

A little fish goop on them and just wait at the ER to see who is doing what in my yard!

I would not do this but I wish I could!

Joe :(

Latest posts