TWO PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yep! For them thar folks who sayIf-en it aint on duh TV it didnt happen.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2013/09/15-4

Published on Sunday, September 15, 2013 by OtherWords

The USDAs Reckless Plan to Decrease Food Safety
The government intends to spread a failed pilot program that decreased food safety to every hog plant in the nation.

by Jill Richardson
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2013/09/15-2

Published on Sunday, September 15, 2013 by Think Forward blog/ IATP

Food and National Security: The Shuanghui-Smithfield Merger Revisited

by Shefali Sharma

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hay! I actually had a tv remote in my hand and tried to watch tv a few months back!

6,957 channels of PtOOOEY!

Tv sure has gone down hill since the days of 12 channels and a UHF thing that never worked. In fact, it was even better when it was 4 channels and if the antenna was turned right on a good sunday, maybe that station way over to Sacratomato might come in with tons of snow to watch Dennis the Menace.

Now there is a channel dedicated to the perfect summer hairdo, several dozen channels that sell the latest green glass jewelry, tons of channels with chefs cooking petite fois de somethingerother, a bunch of channels showing cops stomping on a drunk woman's face and wasn't that cop such a splendid superhero?, and hundreds of channels that are one long commercial after another without even pretending to have any kind of show...and people watch these things?

I am so glad I don't have tv! Maybe if they made a kind of tv that could pick up signals that bounce back from a star to get signals that were originally sent off in the 1950's and 1960's, then maybe I'd want a tv.

=====

I'm going down to my MAD SCIENTIST LAB to get immediately to work on inventing that kind of tv! I really feel like watching the Mitch Miller Sing along show, and the Jackie Gleason show. It'd be cool to see Phyllis Diller guest starring on it!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
Maybe if they made a kind of tv that could pick up signals that bounce back from a star to get signals that were originally sent off in the 1950's and 1960's, then maybe I'd want a tv.
I am not a big fan of TV either. I don't have 6,957 channels of ptooey to chose from, nope just a couple of dozen free (over the air) local channels grabbed while passing the farmstead by my rabbit ear antenna. Aside from Public television there isn't much to watch, BUT . . .

I could watch Burns and Allen, Sgt Bilko, The Honeymooners, The Lone Ranger, Daddy Knows Best, Jack Benny, etc. Many of the local channels run a second channel where they show all old programs from the 50s, 60s, and 70s. For instance, my channel 15 has three 'bands' of channel ability. 15.1 is current television - maybe CBS- who knows(?), 15.2 is a 24 hour all-weather channel, and 15.3 shows only the classic old shows.

See, that kind of TV already exists, so come up from your MAD SCIENTIST LABORATORY and go pull a few weeds.

Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
And now we know why America is becoming a third world banana republic.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Critical thinking is a way of deciding whether a claim is always true, sometimes true, partly true, or false. It can be traced in the West to ancient Greece with its Socratic method and in the East to ancient India with the Buddhist kalama sutta and abhidharma literature. Critical thinking is an important component of most professions. It is a part of formal education and is increasingly significant as students progress through university to graduate education.....

Edward R. Murrow - Speech to Radio and Television News Directors convention at Chicago (15 October 1958)

We are currently wealthy, fat, comfortable and complacent. We have currently a built-in allergy to unpleasant or disturbing information. Our mass media reflect this. But unless we get up off our fat surpluses and recognize that television in the main is being used to distract, delude, amuse and insulate us, then television and those who finance it, those who look at it and those who work at it, may see a totally different picture too late. -

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's the first four words of your post:

"And now we know..." that pulls the fur off my back. Whaddaya mean and now we know? That is so filled with semantic connotations that I'm not sure which one to begin with.

And now, maybe, just maybe we may realize that some folks recognize counter propaganda. Even if we might agree with some portions of it.

Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Isnt it funny the subjects that I post are never discussed? However, the one who is posting the information always seems to receive the attacks. The choices are always YOURS. You can read the information or not. You can read the information and ignore it. You can read the information and store it. You can believe it or not. That is always up to you. However, please allow others to at least benefit from the information. When you insult me, I will insult you back it is that simple.

He says, you have to study and learn so that you can make up your own mind about history and everything else but you cant make up an empty mind. Stock your mind, stock your mind. You might be poor, your shoes might be broken, but your mind is a palace.

Theres no use saying anything in the schoolyard because theres always someone with an answer and theres nothing you can do but punch them in the nose and if you were to punch everyone who has an answer youd be punching morning noon and night.
― Frank McCourt, Angela's Ashes

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I already grow most of the vegetables that we eat. I have chickens for the eggs and have butchered roosters from a straight run of chicks. I don't have room to keep livestock. I have an order in for half of a yearling (split with a friend) for beef that will come right off the pasture. But I still buy meat from the store. This imports from China and let the processors inspect their own plants puts matters in a state of, for lack of a better word, EEEEWWWWWW!!!!! More people need to buy from the farmers in their locale so they have a better idea of what they are eating.

I have picked up a few egg customers that are happy to know that my chickens are in a coop/run, they have dirt to scratch in, room to flap their wings and run, a shallow tub to wade in, they get treats and I let them out in the yard in the afternoons. My friends are delighted to buy my excess eggs and it serves to pay for the chicken feed.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ladyhawke1 said:
Isnt it funny the subjects that I post are never discussed? However, the one who is posting the information always seems to receive the attacks. The choices are always YOURS. You can read the information or not. You can read the information and ignore it. You can read the information and store it. You can believe it or not. That is always up to you. However, please allow others to at least benefit from the information. When you insult me, I will insult you back it is that simple.

He says, you have to study and learn so that you can make up your own mind about history and everything else but you cant make up an empty mind. Stock your mind, stock your mind. You might be poor, your shoes might be broken, but your mind is a palace.

Theres no use saying anything in the schoolyard because theres always someone with an answer and theres nothing you can do but punch them in the nose and if you were to punch everyone who has an answer youd be punching morning noon and night.
― Frank McCourt, Angela's Ashes
Why are you so sensitive? It's not as if you ever come to this forum with a comment on somebody elses posts. You post with an attitude and when people don't respond in a manner suitable to you, you get your quote book out and put them in their place.

Lighten up Ladyhawke1. I see people respond politely to your posts. In fact I see them as going out of their way to placate you when you actually post something that is your own idea, and not a link.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've learned some people are only happy if all the world makes them emperor or emperoress (is that a word?). Or can tilt at windmills. Or feel like they are being persecuted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts