Ubriaco Cheese~Drunk Wine

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Ubriaco Prosecco is a traditional, Italian cheese made in northern Italy’s Veneto region. Affectionately called "drunken cheese", it is bathed in gallons of dry and sparkling Prosecco wine along with skins, seeds, and leftovers from the wine making process to extract the unique sweet, delicate aroma of the wine and complex flavours.

An unpasteurized cow’s milk cheese, Ubriaco is matured for a minimum of 2 months but rarely for over a year. Upon maturity, it develops a soft and supple texture, which ages to become firmer and crumbly, similar to a Parmigianino. Seasonally produced, the best season to avail the cheese is from late fall through early summer. The cheese has a flowery aroma and smells of heavenly Prosecco wine. It is best served in crumbles or shavings with a glass of Prosecco or any aged, red wine.

• Made from unpasteurized cow's milk
  • Country of origin: Italy
  • Region: Veneto
  • Type: hard, artisan
  • Fat content: 40%
  • Texture: crumbly and firm
  • Rind: washed
  • Colour: yellow
  • Flavour: fruity, full-flavored
  • Aroma: floral
  • Vegetarian: no
  • Producers: Luigi Guffanti 1876 s.r.l.
  • Synonyms: Formaio Embriago, Ubriaco Prosecco, Ubriaco al Prosecco, Prosecco drunk cheese
This cheese was hidden in barrels years ago to hide it from solders, It took on the color and flavor of the wine and therefore the name: Drunk Wine, I'll try to post a picture.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert

Ubriaco

The flavor is wonderful, if you place a bit on your tongue and close your eyes the taste and smell will open new horizons of enjoyment.

Ubriaco means Drunk. Like if you say: Io sono brillo.= I am shine or I am drunk.

Last edited:

Latest posts