Unexpected project - recycle and re-purpose

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
At the south side of our garden, there is a terrace where we originally put a plastic tool shed. There are a lot of these stone plates underneath. Due to the lack of maintenance, this area (half belongs to us, and half belongs to the neighbor) was damaged throughout the years. The neighbor and we decided to renovate this area, and the first step is redoing the waterproofing work.

We have to remove these heavy plates first, but we are not going to put them back. Really heavy!
Maybe it's a good idea to use them for a new chicken run, or make some areas a bit more even, or a stone raised bed?
3004_0.jpg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Phaedra if those are made of stone i would call those slabs or pieces, but if they are made of concrete then they are called pavers. from the look of them i think they are made and not cut stone?

anyways, it is always nice to have new materials to work with. we will usually accept bricks and rocks here if someone is willing to bring them. after we cleaned out a place that was going out of business we really gained a lot of various bricks and pavers even if we didn't know what we were going to do with them right away. like legos they are fun to do things with but not as light. :)

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Phaedra if those are made of stone i would call those slabs or pieces, but if they are made of concrete then they are called pavers. from the look of them i think they are made and not cut stone?

anyways, it is always nice to have new materials to work with. we will usually accept bricks and rocks here if someone is willing to bring them. after we cleaned out a place that was going out of business we really gained a lot of various bricks and pavers even if we didn't know what we were going to do with them right away. like legos they are fun to do things with but not as light. :)
Yes, they are made by concrete so they are pavers. I didn't expect there will be so many until we removed them, holly molly.

You are right, time will tell! They should be also great bases for rain butts, to lift them to an ideal height!

Latest posts