update on seeds I planted too early and some ?'s

Reaction score
Most of the seeds I planted are doing very well ....except the cosmos.....which I expected after reading they would be 4' tall !My question is .... now that they have gotten their real leaves (they've had them for about a week ) Do I need to clip off the first leaves , or do they just fall off by themselves ? Two weeks ago I planted our cherry and grape tomato seeds and the plants are looking wonderfull ! Just didn't want to screw them up . We've been getting up to the 50's here during the day , so within the next few weeks our ground should be thawed enough to till our garden ! (it's about 20'x40') :ya

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
unionwirewoman said:
Most of the seeds I planted are doing very well ....except the cosmos.....which I expected after reading they would be 4' tall !
I have not grown cosmos indoors so I can't comment other than to warn you that some plants take forever to get past the stage of one or two pairs of true leaves and then WHAMMO the afterburner kicks in and you're moving the plant lights upwards every day :p

My question is .... now that they have gotten their real leaves (they've had them for about a week ) Do I need to clip off the first leaves , or do they just fall off by themselves ?
Just let 'em fall off by themselves.

Have fun! :)

Pat

Latest posts