Using a chipper/shredder

cookiesdaddy

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
So I just bought a second-hand Craftman 5HP chipper/shredder. Works pretty good. The only thing is the output chute shoots out stuff and blowing out air so strongly it just blows away all the shredded leaves and twigs. Does anyone has a trick that can contain the output products so I don't have to go rake them back in again? Is there such thing as a collection bag?

Ron

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Yes, new ones come with a mesh type bag usually. Go online to the manufacturer or just google "shredder mesh bags" and you should get something.

davaroo

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Or get a bungee cord and use it to attach a large trash bag with the bottom cut out to the exhaust spout.

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ron said:
Yes, new ones come with a mesh type bag usually. Go online to the manufacturer or just google "shredder mesh bags" and you should get something.
ditto this is what we did and it completely solved the problem (I am not sure why they do not just sell them together!)
when it comes to chippers I disagree with any rigging (bungee cords and chippers are not a great combo imho!) ..they are dangerous as can be so it is better just to buy the right bag that fits yours and be safe!
I have seen several chipper injuries and the worst for me was one of my fellow nurses who lost her thumb in a chipper by trying to rig something up to help it work better

enjoy it however I think having a chipper is one of the nicest things for breaking down big to make little for the compost and mulch and even use it for fruit tree prunings for the smoker!

Latest posts