Vanilla bean orchid curing

beeper

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Throwing this out there, has anyone cured vanilla beans from their orchid? I tried to do one last year, didn'
t work, I need help! thanks

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Throwing this out there, has anyone cured vanilla beans from their orchid? I tried to do one last year, didn'
t work, I need help! thanks

it is a long process from what i remember when i was reading up on this. i'm guessing it might be a lactic acid slow fermentation but i don't really know for sure. :)

beeper

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
it is a long process from what i remember when i was reading up on this. i'm guessing it might be a lactic acid slow fermentation but i don't really know for sure. :)
Yes, a long process, I hope to find someone who has done this, not the huge mass production that I have seen the videos on.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, a long process, I hope to find someone who has done this, not the huge mass production that I have seen the videos on.

i recall humidity being important. that is where the masses involved would help keep it more uniform and would make a smaller batch more difficult. you may need something which encloses and keeps the humidty at the right level. i'm sorry i can't help more than that... :)

beeper

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
i recall humidity being important. that is where the masses involved would help keep it more uniform and would make a smaller batch more difficult. you may need something which encloses and keeps the humidty at the right level. i'm sorry i can't help more than that... :)
Thanks for the reply, yes, doing the smaller batch is one of my problems...I will keep on asking.

beeper

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks, yes I have seen all the videos, but trying to do it in a smaller batch, I will have about 8 for next time. Last year I had one, and was doing good for a bit, then he dried up....so sad.

Latest posts