Veggie chips

Holachicka

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
What kind of healthy baked or dehydrated veggie chips have you tried? I'm looking forward to trying out zucchini chips in the dehydrator this year. I'm betting they'll be GREAT with humus!

What about storage for veggie chips? Any other ideas for healthy chips?

I just finished my first batch or kale chips! YUMMY!!! DD(2 years) and I have just about polished off an entire bunch of kale, NOT looking forward to diaper changes tomorrow! :lol:

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, I saw a post on a blog I follow about how to make the kale chips....trying to remember where that was?

Holachicka

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, I just washed and dried in a salad spinner one bunch of kale, cut into small pieces, put them into a baking pan, sprinkled about a tablespoon of olive oilon them, mixed with my hands so they were coated, then sprinkled with kosher salt.

Baked in two batches at 350 for 10 minutes, stired, baked another 10 min and they were done! Just be careful with the baking time, they might need more time or less, and they can burn really quickly. but they are good when they are nice and crispy!

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
KALE!

I am up to my eyeballs in Kale (and Kohlrabi).

Tonights harvest:

P1010864.jpg

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
journey11 said:
Sounds easy-peasy! :thumbsup
Also enjoyed your web site. Wish I was in a situation to do all those things again, now I have a garden(with help), but miss chickens. Sorry wing clipping dont work to keep your chickens in. I had white leghorns one year, and we just clipped on one side to keep them off balance, that worked pretty good.

Latest posts