Vine

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
That's too bad it isn't selling. ANYTHING in a shady spot besides weeds that creeps is a GOOD thing, IMHO.
I agree, NOT Vinca. You can see in the close up. I'm about to go outside to take shots and I'll include a picture of my vinca, the same that I planted 9 one them, plain and variegated for DD's bc they have this total shade area, north of their garage and under a huge, established tree. It's also a little bit dry and vinca doesn't care!
I felt REALLLLL smart when I heard from Mid American Gardener that they are supposed to be planted under the drip line, which is what I did, AASSSSSSSS TRADITION. Actually, I thought that they would spread better further from the trunk.

Last edited:

Nenebynature

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That's too bad it isn't selling. ANYTHING in a shady spot besides weeds that creeps is a GOOD thing, IMHO.
I agree, NOT Vinca. You can see in the close up. I'm about to go outside to take shots and I'll include a picture of my vinca, the same that I planted 9 one them, plain and variegated for DD's bc they have this total shade area, north of their garage and under a huge, established tree. It's also a little bit dry and vinca doesn't care!
I felt REALLLLL smart when I heard from Mid American Gardener that they are supposed to be planted under the drip line, which is what I did, AASSSSSSSS TRADITION. Actually, I thought that they would spread better further from the trunk.

i think i just have a bad taste in my mouth about euonymous anything. i had those varigated golden euonymous in the landscaping at the old house and i just hated it. People are probably afraid to buy it because of the similarity to vinca.
Hey sometimes a plan just comes together! im glad they worked out! dont let them grow too close to the tree! you dont want to choke it out!
sorry, bossy pants know it all here...:hide

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Here is Vinca
Vinca, 2017.JPG

Latest posts