Vintage garden tools.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
7254_photo_2.jpg

I found this old triangle hoe at my SILs new place, IT had a broken handle and had a lot of surface rust on it and was laying in the corner of an old tractor shed. So I brought it home put a new handle on it after lots of whittling and sanding to make it fit, I was even able to reuse the original twisted nails to secure it. After using the wire wheel to clean it up some I found a name( AMERICAN Fork & Hoe). So of course I googled it and found out they merged with True Temper in 1949 and stopped using that name. So I know it was made before 1949, I think maybe 20 or more years by the way it is made. I have been using it the last couple of days and must say it is heavy duty and very well made. Do any of you have any vintage or handmedown tools? Do you use them? I think I will keep using this hoe cause it works great. Plus I love old stuff, mostly old tools so it suits me!

desertlady

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I love older tools ! Todays tools are sooo cheap and breaks, some even made of plastic.! Ive got several tools thats over 60 years old and still using it !!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's way cool Collector! I like old stuff too ( I tell my DH that's why I married him ). I have a few hand tools that were my husbands grandpas. Mostly garden stuff, but only a few I use.

I have a hoe just like that, except it's not an antique. I think it's called a warren hoe.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's a beautiful too Collector. I also love old tools but sadly I don't have any that old.

Thistle, I didn't marry my husband because he's old but he looks old with all his white hair. Does that count? :lol: He's only 1 yr. older than me and people get a funny look on their face when they meet us. :rolleyes:

Mary

Latest posts