Visited a butterfly conservatory....

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Took a little day trip to Oneonta, NY. They have a lovely little butterfly conservatory with exotic birds. I enjoyed the visit- and will definitely return in the cold, dark days of winter...

5947_014.jpg

5947_011.jpg

5947_010.jpg

5947_012.jpg

5947_006.jpg

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I bet it was fun to see all those creatures, :) It's nice to go out to see all the diversity of nature.
What kind of bird is that in the last photo? Looks like an exotic type of bird.

Thanks for the pictures!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wish I knew what that bird was- and all the others! My one complaint about the place- it was lovely, filled with cool stuff- but no information. I would have loved a little handout explaining what I might see, and where it was native to...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Great Pictures, Lesa!

Speaking of butterfly conservatories makes me think about that trip I made to the Twin Cities, winter of 'o9/'10. Yeah, the trip where my son (new to the Twin Cities) checked the internet, learned that the conservatory was in St. Paul and drove us right downtown to see it!

The plant conservatory is between Minneapolis & St. Paul along the river. Turned out to be the music conservatory in downtown St. Paul. Wasn't even anything going on there! Big old quiet building . . . :rolleyes:

Speaking of music conservatories: I was telling my neighbor about my composting :cool:. He said that when he was in Europe he visited Beethoven's hometown. He took a walk thru the cemetery while he was there and as soon as he got in the gate, he heard Beethoven's 5th - played backwards! He walked along a little further and the music changed! Now, it was Beethoven's 9th - played backwards!!

So, he stopped by the superintendent's office and asked about the music.

"Oh, that?" said the superintendent. "Don't pay any attention to it. That's just Beethoven decomposing."

digitS'

Latest posts