Wanted Joe Pye Weed

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey Nyboy, I just noticed that my uncle has some for sale on his eBay page if you are interested. He planted my grandma's flowerbeds all to native perennials a few years ago to attract the butterflies.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
my parents pulled the stuff up in their yard last year so there isn't much left i can take to give you. sorry i'm really of no help. even if you get a small amount of them they will take a couple years and then spread out. the ground bees over at their property loved them! butterflies too!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
It must be a popular plant right now. I'm always amazed at what people can sell on eBay anyhow. I once saw a hornet's nest go for over $40 on there and I'm like HEY I have one of those in my backyard! :p

I've been told that joe pye weed grows wild around here, but I can't think where I have seen any? Maybe now that I know what it is, I will look harder! ;) Another plant I had thought was ragweed is actually some kind of milkweed the butterflies like and it is everywhere. All I know is that I usually get bad sinus problems about the time it comes out so I just figured that was what ragweed must be. What would I do without Google Images? Ha.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had never heard of it so I googled it - OH My Goodness - I have it by the pound out in my pastures! ... at least I think I do... sometimes it's hard to tell from google picutes.
Will do some more research. :/

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
get a couple of pics Cane and we can probably tell you if that is what you have! :p i know the few left at my parents is just starting to get flower heads on them. they tend to have a pinkish/purple cast to them even before they open up.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nyboy, you can still get them, but you need a partner!
Someone else drives - pulls over JUST long enough to dump you, a shovel and a bucket - then goes on down the road. You dig up your plant, cross the road and start walking. They turn around and come back, pulling over JUST long enough for you to toss it in the back and jump in. :D

Latest posts