Wanted - New Mexico Green Chile Seeds

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am hoping someone here has some N.M. green chile seeds they can part with. I'm not looking for "Anaheims" but the peppers that originate from New Mexico (NuMex Big Jim, 4-6, Sandia, etc). I don't have PayPal ATM but will more than happily send a m.o. or will even trade some hatching eggs (chicken, runner duck, turkey). Can someone PLEASE help me out??? :fl

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
go to the market and buy whole dried red chiles the type you like (you live in Texas and I am sure you have Mexican markets or can find these in your grocer even) anyway just open the dried red chile and use those seeds then if you want them green pick them green
this is how I have always grown chiles from dried red ones the seeds inside do very well!
hope this helps!

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be too plant to plant chile peppers now? :/

davaroo

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
HiDelight said:
go to the market and buy whole dried red chiles the type you like (you live in Texas and I am sure you have Mexican markets or can find these in your grocer even) anyway just open the dried red chile and use those seeds then if you want them green pick them green
this is how I have always grown chiles from dried red ones the seeds inside do very well!
hope this helps!
I tried this recently and after 14 days, I still had no sprouts. So I ended up getting some Ancho pepper seed from Park Seed on clearance - $0.75/pack.

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
davaroo said:
HiDelight said:
hope this helps!
I tried this recently and after 14 days, I still had no sprouts. So I ended up getting some Ancho pepper seed from Park Seed on clearance - $0.75/pack.
Oh that is too bad! I have never had a problem getting them to sprout and have always grown them like this

but at .75/pack you can not go wrong that is for sure

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. Ancho's are not the same as the actual green chile. I also tried the seeds from the dried peppers with no luck. But fortunately I found some about 2 hours south of me. Now I am covered up in Big Jim's and Sandia's.... :)

davaroo

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
beavis said:
Oh, you need to contact this lady, her inventory is.......stunning!

http://www.thechilewoman.com/
She does have a well organized and complete inventory. However, be advised she, herself, only sells live plants. I spoke with her about seeds, and she directed me to the links of seed vendors on her website.