"Washing" Clothes Recipe

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Women were no deemed possessions in our curture

Uh...yeah, back through the generations of my family, women were pretty much just possessions. They were handed back and forth when young, given to this or that old geezer in marriage or just raped by a BIL or other men in the family.

My mother was definitely just seen as a possession by my father, as was her mother before her and hers before that. MANY women through the history of this country were treated as possessions...and still are.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Moxies ~ Yes ~ I'm sure in some cases ( men would do washing ) depending on the family situation ~ we were mostly Christian even in the 1st century ~ we believe that was the biggest influence in our culture ```

Last edited:

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Catholic Church is bad. I remember as a kid in sunday school asking why woman could only become Nuns never priest. That did mot go over well with teachers. When i asked in Gods eyes where woman not as holy as a man.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Father was Deeply in Love with myrig (mother) ~ as his father was with medzmyer ( grandmother ) we are taught ~ girls/women are good, special, holy ~ well ~ of course we are raised by women who tell us to treat girls/women ~ like we would want someone to treat our sisters ``` Mama is pure and ~ well~ like holy ~ loved by the Lord ~ Well ~ you could say we are brainwashed by our women ~ but ~ this is our culture ~ father told me ~ jokingly " what chance have we got ~ we love them ~ our mothers are girls ```

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Division of labor along gender lines exists everywhere, I suppose.

However, Patri- this & Matri- that -- can be as complex as the number of societies, worldwide! Close to home, many Native American cultures were matrilineal.

Imposition of relocations, etc, etc, etc, by Euro-American federal and state governments often was from a gender perspective that had to be imposed, as well.

Steve

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am Armenian Othodox ~ yes in the Church men are priests ~ as the Apostles were men ~ of course the Church could not function without women are not equal to men ~ they are superior ~ no man can equal a woman in what women and only women can do ```

Just as we cannot be Mothers ~ women cannot be Fathers ~ women do many things better than we can ~ you can't compete with a girl and fall short ~ if you try ```

Yes ~ the Church is arranged as Christ and his followers did work and in the same order ```
We ~ the Universal Church were started by Apostles coming to live with us and teach us ~ and yes we continue to this day as we were told ``` There were no women Apostles in our book ( new testament )~ the record of the Church ~ yet women played a great part ~ doing somethings men could not ~ Yes Women can become doctors, lawyers, maybe not Indian Chiefs ~ but almost anything ~ not a priest ~ and man should not want decide he was born to become a Nun or Mother Superior ~ or leader of an holy order~~ trapped somehow away from his calling ```

The western churches largest problems are from accepting as OK persons into the priesthood ~ some who are not solidly men ~ men who love the Lord ```

Latest posts