Waterfall!!!

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
For the longest time I have wanted to put some kind of water feature in the backyard. One of my friends is moving to OK. And gave me a waterfall she didn't think would make the move safely.

I worked all morning getting it set up and going!!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those are really nice landscape features Rebetzin! Must be especially nice in the desert.

One of the landscapes I helped design in Montana included a very complex waterfall and a built up ridge that went around the house on two sides. An electrician put the switch for it inside their house. The owner had just moved to Dillon Mt. from the Willamette Valley. He's the person who informed me Willamette is pronounced will-AM-ette. They had recently retired from owning a waterworks landscaping company there. My part of the project was deciding which plants to put in best for the zone and still make it as tropical looking as possible.

Waterfalls add sound to the equation, a soothing, vey natural sound of water bavbbling.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
[(wɪˈlm ɪt) On average, Wikipedia tells us, the Willamette has more water discharged into the Columbia than Sacramento River discharges into San Francisco Bay, Marshall ;).]

I have been thinking of the possible need for another retirement home, Rebbetzin. Maybe I won't be joining you in Tucson - my youngest uncle has just made his 4th move since retirement, moving from Tucson to be closer to his grandchildren right back into the Central Valley of California where he started.

Anyway, I thought about moving UP. As in, building a new home, putting in a "lift" to a 2nd floor, and either renting the 1st floor or using that for a garage. It would be a big change for us and would mean that we couldn't just step out of our door into a yard.

Looking at some house plans, I see that some would allow for an "outdoor room" and the example had a fountain. I have always wished that I had a yard with less of a need for "traffic flow" through it. Flow in that outdoor room would have to be limited to the water and a little walk around the fountain for us old people. Railings would keep us from falling off :p. Anyway, I can think of nothing better as a focal point for an outdoor room - maybe a little goldfish pond nearby in the future :).

Steve

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Years ago, I dug a hole for a pond, and put in electricity out where the pond was going to go. But, changed my mind. I have two huge pine trees in the backyard, and I figured the needles would be constantly a problem even with a filter on the pump. As small as the pump is for this little waterfall, I put two layers of screen around it! I am hoping just the way it is construced, it will not get too many pine needles in it.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Digit, you might have noticed I don't use Wikipedia's pronunciation guide. There is international, mine is neanderthal, lol!

Will-AM-ette shows the accented syllable pronounced just like the word am, the ette is close enough to normal uses such as Juliette, Will is just like the name. It doesn't show the ette like the almost (u)tte where the umlaut needs to be put, but then, who has an umlaut on their keyboard? That's for the computer whizes. The neanderthal pronunciation guide will get things close enough, lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The bigfoots hardly ever talk, and they don't care how things get said. Heck, they change words at random, so any pronunciation guide that comes from them, well, don't you believe it. Trust the neanderthal pronunciation guide. It might not be quite perfect, but it'll get you there.

As for the french speaking neanderthals... ...walll... They have different keyboards that have things like a c with a funny hairdo. Any pronunciation guide that uses a c with a funny hairdo is most definitely suspect.

Course, some pronunciation guides have an o with yet another funny hairdo, and those who use that one say that the upside down e is no umlaut. SNOBS!

Nope, the best pronunciation guide is the good ole neanderthal one. Wish I could convince the big cheeses at Wikipedia of that...

My theory is that they want to combine it with all languages and make it universal.

How does that work with Myanmarese? I think they use another version, but there are some languages that just look like someone is drawing 200 different kinds of snakes even when they are writing about particle physics, so go figure. I just don't believe in the gravity constant. I think that is more of one stable state and that it can merge with the electroweak under exotic conditions yielding different reach and different pull but retaining the same energy total...

How'd I start talking about that? Oh yea, I should not post things after my second cup of coffee...

:caf

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
That looks wonderful. What a nice thing your neighbors did. They knew you would love it and use it. Better than just leaving it behind or tossing it out.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
What a lovely water feature! How nice of your friends to give it to you. It will make your garden musical!

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That looks great! The only water feature I have in the yard is rain :(

Latest posts