We Are Missing National Nutrition Month!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics suggestion:
  • As a family, commit to trying a new fruit or vegetable each week during National Nutrition Month®.
That sounds easy enough to enjoy! Maybe for us oldsters: a fruit or veggie different than usual. And for spring gardens: an uncommon seed variety!

Here’s something I picked up yesterday at the cafeteria:

AE17F078-F440-4257-B2F6-262C317FF297.jpeg

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
IF we observe good nutrition this month, does that absolve us from responsibility the rest of the year? I'm particularly interested in National Pizza Month, National Chocolate Cupcake Month, National Burger King French Fry Month, and National Barbeque Potato Chip Month.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
IF we observe good nutrition this month, does that absolve us from responsibility the rest of the year? ...
No.

We are coming to the April 1 date that somehow evolved to the day I weigh myself to understand how much "extra-Steve" there is to lose during my active season. My personal plan each year is that I grow smaller as I grow a garden.

Celebrating World Sparrow Day ;), I had a huge orange and a brownie for my 2nd breakfast. In a couple of months, I will be calling this my lunch and expect it to be similar to that meal rather than the whole wheat biscuits and banana ... i had before dawn. Emphasis will be on veggies!

"Dinner" at 6 is almost rare at this time of year. Of course, left with nuthin t'do, there is a chance that I will eat continuously thru the day!

Fortunately, it is a sunny day and I have fencing material and another panel should fall and rise, afresh! Physical activities, lots of fruit and veggies and low fat protein will save me from spending too much time with extra-Steve!

Steve :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sight is visible.

Hearing is audible.

Smelling is odorous.

Touch is tangible.

What is taste?

Answer after the ad :D. Canadian gardener Niki Jabbourr suggests that if you like cucumbers, you should grow West Indies Gherkins and Cucamelons. I've grown those little "burr gherkins." Honestly, they were pretty good ... and the burrs don't cause any problems ;).

Gustable!
gustable:
  1. Having a taste; capable of being tasted
  2. Pleasant to the taste; toothsome; savory.
Steve