We have stopped my chemo therapy.

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The first few weeks of my therapy, back in March, almost killed me. I guess I'm the kind of guy that has severe reactions to the drugs contained in typical cancer fighting chemicals. After a few weeks my doctors switched my "cocktail" to something we thought I could handle. I did OK (yeah right!) for two months but I eventually got sicker and sicker until I could not stand up without terrible headaches and constant vomiting :sick. Dehydration was a constant worry but I couldn't keep even water down. I would loose consciousness several times a day. I would try to use the computer but looking at the screen made me vomit. So last week we said goodby to the poison intravenous soup and I already feel much better. I walked all the way out to the garden today and even walked to the neighbor's house 1/2 mile away :ya. :weee

The garden is all weeds. There are about 100 plastic starter cups in the greenhouse with tiny brown, dry plants in them. They have been dead for more than 2 months. My son and his family is going to come live with us for a week or two at the end of the month when he gets his vacation so maybe we can get the messes cleaned up a little.

Our neighbor girl, Kerri, has done a wonderful job keeping the chickens and rabbits well and well fed :bun. She even bred one of the does about 6 weeks ago and now we have 8 little bunnies out there. I was out at the rabbit cages the other day and got my arms all scratched up but that's OK - I just had to hold each of my breeders and tell them how much I missed them.

Next year will be better. I still have a few more weeks of radiation treatments and I should be all finished. Then I can eat and get FAT. Grandma Smiles is doing OK but she gets very tired when she has to listen to me all night long and help me with almost everything all day long. Two of the three masses on my liver have reduced in size considerably and we just started to notice some decrease in the third one.

I'm glad to be able to say hi to all my Easy Garden friends again :bouquet without making a mess all down the front of myself - :barnie .

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wish .

. . I could pour you a tall glass of ginger ale.

That's what Mom gave me when I had trouble keeping everything down.

Steve :hugs

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Smiles, so glad you are back!!!! A little bunny hugging therapy, fresh eggs, clean the greenhouse, and all your friends here on TEG will have you up and running in no time! Bless you. :love

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh Dear, I was so worried. I was just about to send you a message and ask how you where.
8098_hi_there.png

So glad to know you are slowly getting better. :)
The tomatoes are doing great. DH plants 8 of each variety.
Sure wish I was close enough to drop by and help spruce up a little and put in a few things for you to tend.

:hugs .... Big hugs.... :hugs

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Glad to hear you are feeling better! No need to overdo it, or worry about clean up. Let this be the summer you spend lounging in your lawn chair, with a cool drink!