We May Have Met Before

freedhardwoods

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have run into people on other forums that I delivered a pole barn to. If you bought a pole barn or garage in the last 3 or 4 years, there is a remote chance I delivered it to you. The company I work for has buildings in every state east of the Rockies.

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
My maternal grandmother's family were the Hensleys of Hensley township.

That's outside of Trafalgar, south of Indianapolis.

They came across the river from Louisville area when Indiana was opened to settlement.

Steve

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy , 'pole barn' generally refers to a very open shed/barn design using large poles to hold up the roof instead of regular framing. It gives you a more open interior and the ability to leave large doors on the sides - great for tractor access, stables etc.

polebarn.jpg pole barn
framedbarn.jpg framed barn

freedhardwoods

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My Brother in law lives in Anderson Indiana... my hubby grew up there.

My maternal grandmother's family were the Hensleys of Hensley township.

That's outside of Trafalgar, south of Indianapolis.

They came across the river from Louisville area when Indiana was opened to settlement.

Steve

I have delivered to a dealer in Trafalgar a few times, but most of my runs, and the people I meet, are a lot farther away. This week I took stock material to a dealer at Rensselaer Falls, NY, 120 miles north of Syracuse, came back empty and took 2 building packages to Stevensville, MD and Smyrna, DE. I was talking to you yesterday evening from Baltimore, MD. I'm stopped at Columbus, OH for a few minutes right now. I've covered 3002 miles since I left Sunday morning. I'm headed home now. I have plenty to do in the garden and one of my pickups needs worked on.

@Nyboy , 'pole barn' generally refers to a very open shed/barn design using large poles to hold up the roof instead of regular framing. It gives you a more open interior and the ability to leave large doors on the sides - great for tractor access, stables etc.

View attachment 4432 pole barn
View attachment 4433 framed barn

You beat me to the answer. I had to get to bed. Got up at 2 am today.

The smallest building package I've delivered was an 8' x 20'. The largest (on one trailer) was 70' x 100'. The biggest free span (no center support) building that we've sold was a 100' x 600'. The widest with center support was 200'.

Last edited:

Latest posts