Weird

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I came back to my computer after being away for an hour or so, and the look of the page was different, set up was different, titles were different. Then when I switched topics, it all went away. Nifty, were you playing with the format? Or was my salad dressing spiked?

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Maybe someone added everclear to your salad dressing?

So far no changes here. That AAA insurance ad messed up something called shockflash drive when I clicked the page, but other than that all is well.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
For those of you wondering what Everclear is ... It is a brand of 190 proof / 95 % grain alcohol and is flammable. It is not sold in many states, but one can buy it in Oregon and Nevada on the West Coast. Oregon State run stores no longer sells the Everclear brand in 1.75L bottles, but only in the smaller sizes conveniently at a HIGHER price ( what else). However in Oregon, one can buy the 1.75 size in the Clear Spring brand at a lower price. ( it comes with a FLAMABLE warning on the label.) We use it as a base to make custom liquors and cordials, as well as our family's [ my great, grandfather was the State cellar master and was used at State functions and State gifts] centuries old recipe for Krupnikas ). It is very smooth, strong and goes down with a nice warm glow. :drool One to two cordial glasses has been known for some people to quickly be quite happy and slowly slide under the table. :celebrate

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
bobm said:
For those of you wondering what Everclear is ... It is a brand of 190 proof / 95 % grain alcohol and is flammable. It is not sold in many states, but one can buy it in Oregon and Nevada on the West Coast. Oregon State run stores no longer sells the Everclear brand in 1.75L bottles, but only in the smaller sizes conveniently at a HIGHER price ( what else). However in Oregon, one can buy the 1.75 size in the Clear Spring brand at a lower price. ( it comes with a FLAMABLE warning on the label.) We use it as a base to make custom liquors and cordials, as well as our family's [ my great, grandfather was the State cellar master and was used at State functions and State gifts] centuries old recipe for Krupnikas ). It is very smooth, strong and goes down with a nice warm glow. :drool One to two cordial glasses has been known for some people to quickly be quite happy and slowly slide under the table. :celebrate
I want some!
I wonder how the state of Oregon managed to get control of the sale of liquor. Will they be selling marijuana too? (or has it been legalized yet in OR?)

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
:lol: apparently, so lucky, your state doesnt run liquor sales? In PA where i grew up, they were actually referred to as "state stores" and you even still have to go there for beer wine and liquor. Now that i live in MT i can buy beer at the grocery and convenience stores.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yep, but Heather, in Montana, to buy your holiday Kahlua, or a bottle of fine scotch for company, you go to a state liquor store...unless they changed that in montana since november 2007.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
What i do know is my liquor store is only about 6 blocks away! :lol: but i had to look up the details of liquor sales in MT, i wasnt totally sure how it works. Go wikipedia! It tells me MT contracts sales to individuals, whereas in PA the state owns and operates their own stores.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here in San Diego I can buy any kind of hard spirits any time in a grocery store. I haven't noticed any everclear but I haven't really looked for it either. The only thing I use it for is tinctures of some medicinal herbs.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
There are a few liquor stores around, but they are not state owned. We can buy any kind of liquor at most large grocery stores. I seem to remember that in Oregon, you are not allowed to pump your own gas, either. It's kind of fun to hear of odd state laws, or county laws, that differ from the norm.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here in Washington everyone pumps their own gas. While in Oregon one is NOT ALLOWED to pump their own. Funny that if we have to drive across the Columbian River, we buy our gas there and pay the same or $0.03 - $ 0.05 LESS per gallon. Now on our main street in our little town just 10 miles N of Vancouver , Wa. ( on the Columbian R.) there is a lone gas station owned and operated by a non profit (that also owns and operates a thrift store ) that pumps your gas ...They charge $0.20 - $0.25 MORE per gallon . I haven't seen more than a handful of cars getting gas there in over 6 months but always they have 2 employees just sitting around doing nothing. Just how do they manage to stay in business ? :hu

Latest posts