Well, didja miss me???

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I think she's lurking around to try and see if we're gonna talk potatoes again without her...watch and see...

So i'm going to plant the yukon golds again in my garden this year...whatever "purple variety" i got last year and put in at the same time as the yukon golds didnt do squat! Didnt find a single purple potato! Maybe i just missed them in the digging...

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Haha!:lol: Good one Heather!
YOU CAUGHT MEEE!!!

Actually I have been busy with family stuff still. I got home and my sis and BIL don't fly home until until the crack of dawn tomorrow. So we have been sifting through paperwork (ugh!) and some old family pictures we fortuitously found in a trash can among other startling and somewhat shocking items. I have been really good at being an attentive hostess and doing all the icky stuff that needed doing and restraining myself from getting on here.

BUT!
I take sis and bil to the airport in the dark hours tomorrow and then I'm going to come home, build a roaring fire, collapse on the couch with my laptop, think a little, cry a little, and just decompress. I will also be trying to catch up on everything you guys have been doing for the last week.

So look out! :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
"decompress"

That was an idea that kept coming into my mind.

I contacted someone about a family member, yesterday. A first step to sharing and my first reaction to that was anger.

I have been sad long enough. My old wheels spinning, I am not "fixing" anything and going nowhere. This person to help isn't just a professional but family and the right generation, as well.

Tension beginning to lessen and breathing a little easier. I really hope for you, as well.

Steve

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Were you made the executor, Thistle? I remember how hard that was on my dad when he had to settle my grandpa's estate. It was left in a very disorganized state and dad had to go to court with his ex-step-mom over some things. I hope your parents were able to leave things in decent order for you and that it won't take so long to sort through.

Won't be too long before you can go stick your hands in the dirt and do some decompressing. :hugs

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Were you made the executor, Thistle? I remember how hard that was on my dad when he had to settle my grandpa's estate. It was left in a very disorganized state and dad had to go to court with his ex-step-mom over some things. I hope your parents were able to leave things in decent order for you and that it won't take so long to sort through.

Won't be too long before you can go stick your hands in the dirt and do some decompressing. :hugs

No. Sadly my parents did not leave wills, so it will go into probate. The saddest part was how our youngest sibling disrespected our parents shortly before they died and even after they were gone. My older sister and I cleaned and restored the house to it's former cleanliness, and had the yard cleaned up and put in order so it's in a salable condition now. We wanted to honor our parents memory in this way.

Yes, I'm very much looking forward to having the sun on my back and my hands in the dirt!