Well they are back again.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have not seen a government agency on my site in a few months, but today they came back with a vengeance. As of three this afternoon there were 90 plus hits from the agency below. Also, they downloaded an almost equal number of photos. I guess some government employee has a LOT of time on their hands.
jackb

12 Mar12:43:24Chrome 23.0
Win7
1280x1024
us.png
Louisiana,
United StatesDepartment Of The Interior, Office Of Thesecretary (158.68.216.151) [Label IP Address]
hydroponicworkshop.blogspot.com/
(No referring link)

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wonder what would happen if you contacted them and asked what they want.
Since you have hydroponic in your blog name, I bet they are checking to see if you have pot growing. Or maybe they think you are committing patent infringements, with the cloning?
Either way, it is creepy, particularly in light of the new issues with the CIA

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is, as you wrote, just creepy. There is nothing illegal on the site at all. I suspect it is simply someone wasting taxpayers money with nothing to do.
Here is what this agency should be doing.
"The U.S. Department of the Interior protects America’s natural resources and heritage, honors our cultures and tribal communities, and supplies the energy to power our future."

jackb

Last edited:

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It is, as you wrote, just creepy. There is nothing illegal on the site at all. I suspect it is simply someone wasting taxpayers money with nothing to do.
Here is what this agency should be doing.
"The U.S. Department of the Interior protects America’s natural resources and heritage, honors our cultures and tribal communities, and supplies the energy to power our future."

jackb

My guess is that what they're doing is the exact opposite of what they should be doing. (After all, it seems that most Americans really don't care about that kind of stuff anymore.)

I know what you mean by creepy. Having big gov people constantly spying on you to see what you're doing isn't very reassuring, it's threatening.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is threatening after all of the recent spying on US citizens and even our allies. After a while you become hyper-sensitive to them looking over your shoulder, even if you have nothing to hide. If someone there had a question about what I am doing there is a comment section where it could be asked and answered.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mystery solved. A person left this comment on my site:
"Zachary has left a new comment on your post "Journal December 27, 2013 Plant Tissue Culture Pr...":
I never knew such a thing was possible. Thanks for posting on this. It really opens up all kinds of possibilities in my mind!"

I omitted his last name, however, when I looked up his profile he lives in New Orleans, exactly where the now 130 hits have come from. I surely hope Ole Zach does not make a six figure salary working for Uncle Sam.
jackb

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
JackB..I also have a blogger site. How do you access who is visiting and what they download? I clicked everything on the blogger site I could, to see what kinds of information goes both ways. Hmmm...interesting.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
"Hey! Invite him to join TEG!!!
JackB..I also have a blogger site. How do you access who is visiting and what they download? I clicked everything on the blogger site I could, to see what kinds of information goes both ways. Hmmm...interesting.
Sign up for statcounter.com. They provide the analysis and it is free, up to a point.