What a week!! PHOTOS

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I really like it and would totally not know that it is not real grass. In your area your going to save a ton and totally help the environment. I love it....

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
ranchhand said:
How often do you have to vacuum? :lol:
Funny you should say that!! I am pretty sure I will use the "shopvac" to clean off the pathway. I was going to put the same stuff out in the back garden by the chicken coop. But... it is under a pine tree, and between the pine needles and the straw from the chicken coop... the only thing I could think of that would work would be to vacuum up the needles and straw.
I started to install the grass in the back garden, then, changed my mind and pulled it up and took it out to the front yard. This is how it looked in the back garden by the chicken coop before I took it out.

March262009Loosegrass02email.jpg

Notice the straw and pine needles, in this photo after a few days.

March262009Loosegrassemail.jpg

Silly me, I pulled up all the flagstones by the chicken coop, to see how the grass would work, now I have to put them all back!!

It looked like this before, with dichondra just starting to grow between the stones.

coopfrombackfence02emal.jpg

But, I am thinking now I will put the flagstones very close together, with no room to plant between the stones. Well, maybe leaving a couple open places between the stones to put in something like a Thyme or other low growing herbs that can take the heat and not much water. The whole point was to not be watering the dichondra that was growing between the flagstones.

Of course no matter how close I put the stones together, I know I will get things popping up between the stones. Unless I concrete them in, which I really don't feel like doing that. I like being able to "re-decorate" the garden every now and then. If I use concrete, then it will be much harder to change things.

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Your yard looks wonderful, you really have put so much work into it you should be proud.
I am so happy to hear that there are still people around that will go out of their way to help people out.
You aren't even a customer and he went the extra mile.
You got an awesome deal, good for you.

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
simple life said:
Your yard looks wonderful, you really have put so much work into it you should be proud.
I am so happy to hear that there are still people around that will go out of their way to help people out.
You aren't even a customer and he went the extra mile.
You got an awesome deal, good for you.
Yes indeed I got a gonga of a deal!! My aunt was telling the me the other day my cousin in CA spent of $1000.00 to have a part of his yard done in artificial grass!!

GrowinVeggiesInSC

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I love it! Not only does it look great, it's also eco-friendly, esp. since you are in the desert (where I personally think it's insane to grow grass!).
How wonderful of them to give you that quantity for free. It's nice to see that there are still good people around.
Looking forward to updates of the trellis. My morning glories are growing like champs!

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
It looks wonderful :ya :clap and the coop is beautiful :love

I showed DH your trellis before it went down and told I wanted to do something like that, at the start of our brick walkway. We will use cattle panel for the trellis though. And I have Morning glories started and ready to go. :woot Thanks so much for the wonderful insperation. :ya :watering :tools

:happy_flower Karan :D