What did YOU do in your garden today :P

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@journey11 , yes, I hate using black plastic, but it sure is helpful in this climate. It takes a huge load off of weeding too!
The hoop houses are two full quadrants of the garden. The other two are a constant (usually losing) weed battle.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Since I moved down hill instead of continuing up, south instead of continuing north - I've had this fantasy.

I could terrace and cover a south slope, however wide and up as the wind would allow. Small structures would be better than large for more versatile ventilation. Somewhere, in my complex of covered ground would be my home but it would be surrounded by protected space.

I once visited a hoop house built on a slope. It vented excessive heat so nicely . . .

Steve

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just mostly look! Well we did get to pick our 1st handful of strawberries. And stare in dismay at the WEEDS...they took over in the week we turned our backs. Bad weeds. But the ground is sticky wet from the rains. As soon as it dries a bit I will be in there pulling weeds. DH wants to run the tiller. (O.k. with me or I be VERY sore after tackling ALL those pesky weeds.) And by mid-week we should have some peas ready. Yum-O

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today I 'finished' the mowing. . . . again for about 2 hours. Now all the areas I mow are pretty much the same height. I can't imagine why I ever put down fertilizer!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today I 'finished' the mowing. . . . again for about 2 hours. Now all the areas I mow are pretty much the same height. I can't imagine why I ever put down fertilizer!
We are kind of dumb about yards.....we plant grass. We mow grass. We water the grass, it grows. We mow more grass. We fertilize grass, it grows more. We mow more grass. We water grass......wait a minute! Didn't we already do this?? Oh, shut up and go mow the grass...... :lol:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would much rather have flowers or edibles growing where most of the yard is. Just a bit around the house would be fine with me, but DH keeps helping me out by cleaning more and more land for grass to grow.

And

Except for new plantings of grass I DO NOT WATER! When the rains stop, the lawn goes dormant. It seldom dies out entirely.

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Tilled the pumpkin patch, planted the pumpkin patch, and mulched the pumpkin patch with a thick layer of a mixture of well-rotted straw and goat/rabbit manure. I planted butternut squash and Musquee de Provence pumpkin. Both are the same species so for me to get pure seeds from the Frenchies, I'll be cutting the male flowers off of the butternuts.

Also marked pea flowers for saving seed later on. The reason that I'm marking the flowers is because I found a few with a nice frosty blue color, want to see if I can get more like that from the saved seed.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I weeded, naturally. :rolleyes:
I was up and out before sunrise so I could get the corn area prepped for sowing this evening when I got home, but I put in a grueling day and there just ain't no way I'm going out for more yard work. o_O

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are kind of dumb about yards.....we plant grass. We mow grass. We water the grass, it grows. We mow more grass. We fertilize grass, it grows more. We mow more grass. We water grass......wait a minute! Didn't we already do this?? Oh, shut up and go mow the grass...... :lol:
:gig :gig :gigNo way do we fertilize already too much grass to mow.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I HATE mowing but I like a lawn to play with the kids when they were small and now play with the dog.

For ME, I hate broad leafs in yard. Want grass.

In garden, I kill grass on site. Go figure.

Latest posts