What did YOU do in your garden today :P

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Got some hoops and netting installed over one of my raised beds today so that the cats and chickens will leave my onions and beets alone. It was only 55 degrees this afternoon! :tongue

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I planted about 70 onion plants that I started of Ailsa Craig, about 120 that I bought of Candy, Walla Walla and some purple. My DS and I planted 3 pounds of Yukon Gold and 3 pounds of white potatoes, and about 1 pound of purple potatoes. The rest of the purple are already coming up. I planted a sage plant and some lemon balm. I have around 200 more of the Ailsa Craig to plant tomorrow.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can't figure out if you are ahead of me or behind me, @Gardening with Rabbits !

DW and I finished with the onions- finally! So many varieties in 2014! Oh, and I got the last of the snapdragons set out.

No way are my potatoes venturing above ground! They have been out there . . . forever!

Steve

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score

You are far, far, far ahead of me. I planted purple potatoes, but I do not remember when and they are up, but they were shriveled up and had long sprouts. I have some red and some white potatoes planted and I thought I saw some of those coming up. I had my onions planted in April last year and I had blue potatoes planted in March last year and then I had others planted in May. We are eating spinach and asparagus.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a ratty looking stand of Anasazi sweet corn. It just didn't come up very good. So I dug up some of the plants and moved them to the end that was the thickest, then I planted butterbeans on the empty half. I deep watered everything and pulled weeds.

My potato vines are turning yellow, might be digging them soon.

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Our new pear tree came in today. Hubby prepared the front for 2 rows of raspberries that we ordered as well. He wants to do raised beds for the raspberries with the red "cement" things around them so we can mow and weed eat around them to help keep the runners down. They can grow all over the beds, just not outside. :p

I pulled some weeds in the pumpkin bed, the watermelon FINALLY came up. I think he planted Golden Midgets. I guess we will see when they start producing fruit, eh? LOL

Tomorrow we're going to put in 2 more rows of corn.

Latest posts