What did YOU do in your garden today :P

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Planted some glads in the flower corner, yesterday.

The cabbages and broccoli went out after 2 neighbors admitted to not having seen a rabbit this year. Yay! (I think that the coyote got them :).)

Before those plants went in, I had to till because the tractor guy had left so many weeds on the surface in the new garden extension. Fairly speedy since he did get fairly deep. Layout this year will depend less on what transplants come to hand, when :rolleyes:.

I can't think of anything else I can set out. It's 39°f this morning despite being a very pleasant 68° yesterday afternoon. A day of wind & rain, clearing at sundown - still, freeze . . ? I guess killing weeds with the tiller is about the best thing for me.

Steve
39, and 68 :ep We are getting and have been getting for several weeks upper 80s and 90s. I can't imagine it staying so cold for so long.:th

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Planted 1 poblano and 2 golden marconi peppers that I got from the Burbank Gardens sale. Also planted 2 golden patty pan squashes that I couldn't resist for $2. Trying again to grown them. I just can't seem to. Last year they were in the ground. This year I planted them in a container since I had no more room. I don't know what I can do to grow them!

Mary

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's too wet for me to do anything today. I finally got some much needed rain, 1.6" with more due tomorrow.

I'm only setting out eight sweet peppers this year. They are all in the ground. Six of those are Golden Marconi like yours Mary. One is a generic orange bell, and one is a freak a local organic plant sales guy grows. It's supposed to be an Olena Red but is banana shaped instead of bell shaped. I've grown it a couple of times before and I like it. It's been large, fairly thick walled, and pretty darn prolific for me. That guy open pollinates and I think he got a cross that works.

If it produces this year like it has been, I may just save some seeds. Three years running would mean a stable cross as far as I'm concerned.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Can't imagine such cool weather, @Wishin' ? Here, Rick in Colorado is "planting" snow! (You know, it really does collect some nitrogen out of the air. I wonder how it does that!)

I also wonder what it would be like to have @baymule 's rain!!! The Kootenai river is flooding from snowmelt so I don't suppose right now would be a good time for me to find out! Even @Ridgerunner 's rain must have been only something I have experienced as a gardener on the California coast.

Got a sprinkler on at the little veggie garden. Have to stall so as to turn it off. Tenant still hasn't turned on the garden water so I can only run 1 sprinkler in a great big slow circle instead of 2or 3 sprinklers at full pressure. Past time for leaving to get the tilling done in the big veggie garden . . . but I will get to some of it.

Steve

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Went shopping at Meijer's earlier this morning and had to go to the garden section for some clay pots (I'm sure that you all know where this is going). Couldn't resist and brought home a pot of columbine, a pot of oriental poppies, and two yellow pocketbook flowers.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Went shopping at Meijer's earlier this morning and had to go to the garden section for some clay pots (I'm sure that you all know where this is going). Couldn't resist and brought home a pot of columbine, a pot of oriental poppies, and two yellow pocketbook flowers.
Seedo, If you would be interested in trying to start some Columbine from seed I still have seed from last years plants. A med. purple and a dark purple. I would be happy to send you some. P.M. me if you would like seed.