What do I do with my tater plants?

Reaction score
:|

My tater plants are about 4-8" tall now and I think I'm supposed to do something to them, like cover the bottoms with straw or something?
This is my first time planting potatoes and I have literally had every seed potatoe sprout in a 60 foot row. Hopefully we have alot of potatoes at the end of the season.

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You want to hill them, which is to mound soil up until about half of your 8" plants are covered.

You'll probably be ready to do it again in 2-3 weeks, then after that, just add a little soil now and then, as you don't want the potatoes to be out in the light.

It sounds like they are doing well! :happy_flower

Reaction score
Thanks Tutter :) I'm really proud of them. I can't wait to find potatoes down there!

PS- Everytime I see your username I think of the little mouse named Tutter in Bear and The Big Blue House, He was sooooo cute and my kids loved that show! lol

Firefyter-Emt

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Cool, mine just poked thier heads out of the ground in the last few days. Kinda like little babies being born... ;)

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
LOL Firefyter, that's true when I think of it! :coolsun

PineBurrow, my *canary* used to love it, too, when we had T.V. This was when he was an only canary, and it made him sing up a storm! :)

Latest posts