What interesting creatures live in your garden?

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Uh oh… @Pulsegleaner I do actually live near a wonderful lake, in Co Clare. We saw some swans on it today, so I'm guessing no crocodiles in there?

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry much. Remember that attack occurred in about 1743, so that is a LONG time for the critter to have gone extinct. I think the most recent supposed sighting ANYWHERE in Ireland was 1968, and that was on one of the itty bitty islands off Leitrim (Achill, I think) The mainland is presumably king otter free.

And yes, I do belive in the possibility of wildmen, be they sasquatch, yeti, Alma, and so on (I admit I have a little trouble believing in the Australian yowie but that's because the nature of the Australian Fauna means that in order for them to exist, they'd either have had to have the technical skills to be able to sail from South East Asia (I think Bigfeet are smart, but not "build an ocean going vessel" smart) have been so socially close to the original aborigines they hitched a ride with them and the aborigines have since forgotten (which for a people who can remember hunting megafauna that went extinct 20,000 years ago, seems unlikely.) or be in fact a hominid like marsupial (there may be a cryptozoological parallel in Madagascar, where some people think the mythical tratratratra may have been a modern example of a kind of large, hominid like lemur that lived there until about 1000 years ago.) For similar reasons, I have some doubts about the Bigfeet like creatures of Hawaii and the Coromandel Man of New Zealand (though a lot of people think those may be encounters with straggling leftovers of the Morioris (the tribe the Maori's drove out of New Zealand when they arrived.)

Latest posts