What is eating my pea leaves

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Peas, as in green peas, or another vegetable? Some people mean black eyed peas, when they say peas, etc. :)

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The only thing which ever affects out green peas, are early robins which swarm down upon them on their way through, and make a meal of them! :th

But I did find this for you, and hope it helps! Good luck! :happy_flower

Peas

bills

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Could always be earwigs or weevils. They like the tender leaf plants like peas. You could put out a little earwig/weevil bait and see if it stops.

Funny and sad how the pests always pick on the veggie garden. I have an acre where they could find food elsewere, but it seems like they always like my garden plants the best....:mad:

janetnjim

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Hey bills......does this mean i have to save up a big ole hank o' ear wax and shctick it next to my pea plants ?!?!?!?! eeeeewwwwww !! :lol:
Seriously , what is earwig bait ?

Mossy Rock

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
bills said:
Could always be earwigs or weevils. They like the tender leaf plants like peas. You could put out a little earwig/weevil bait and see if it stops.

Funny and sad how the pests always pick on the veggie garden. I have an acre where they could find food elsewere, but it seems like they always like my garden plants the best....:mad:
I had gone to a garden nursery yesterday because I was experiencing the same problem and the man told me more than likely they were earwigs. He told me to take some damp newspaper and lay it down in the garden in the evening then dispose of it the next day that the earwigs like damp places and wil go into the damp enviroment you have created for them. At least it will give you an indication of who the culpits are.

janetnjim

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thanx Mossy Rock, i will do this tonite. It sure makes sense coz i aint seein no critters during the day time. and earwigs abound 'round here.

Mossy Rock

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Lets us know how it works out, he had told me to use a damp newspaper and not to overly soak it.

Latest posts