What is it?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We let our dandelions and clover grow like crazy!!! I make jelly out of them. :D In this house, those weeds are MONEY!

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
chris09 said:
catjac1975 said:
Weed-just pulled some up-
Well the definition of a weed is -
A plant that is not valued where it is growing and is usually of vigorous growth.

Since Yarrow does have uses then I wouldn't call it any more a "weed" than the volunteer tomatoes or wild flowers. ;)

Chris
I gp along with that... Mother Nature has no weeds

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
curly_kate said:
I think a lawn of yellow dandelions is so pretty! And they smell nice, too. If only they didn't turn into those ugly puffballs....
just cut them before they set seed;)

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Yarrow.

Yarrow is a dried flower, did you know that? It dries well, but you must dry it with the bruised stem in about an inch of water, or it will wilt and crumble during drying.
I personally let Yarrow and Primrose grow in my garden, even though they grow like weeds, they're pretty!

Banana

Sprout
Reaction score
curly_kate said:
I think a lawn of yellow dandelions is so pretty! And they smell nice, too. If only they didn't turn into those ugly puffballs....
Summertime! They make me think of my kids...from the time they could walk...so proud to pick a pretty yellow flower for me...and for me, so fun to watch the excitement when they did/still do, see one of those ugly puff balls...close their eyes...big breath...seeds sent all over the neighborhood lol!

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wild yarrow has medicinal use and the flowers are also favored by parasitic wasps and hover flies which are always good to encourage. Although you have to look closely to see them they really help in keeping down many pests.

Latest posts