What is my plant doing???

rodriguezpoultry

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
DSCF1590.jpg

DSCF1591.jpg

The leaves seem to be coming towards the center of the plant? Is that normal? It almost reminds me of how an artichoke looks (as in the edible part) that looks like it's layered.

This is what it looked like a few days ago:
DSCF1581.jpg

Is it that I'm misting it too much? Anything I'm doing wrong or is it doing what it's supposed to be doing?

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't know, maybe too dry or drying out too fast? When my houseplants start to look sad, I usually figure it's time to repot them (up size the pot and use fresh soil mix).

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Those photos look like they were taken at night. Some plants seem to close up a bit in the evening.

Give the plant time to adjust to everything around it, since you rescued it a few days ago from a certain death.

It is still acclimating itself to changes in light, humidity, the nutrients in the soil, etc.

rodriguezpoultry

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
So THAT'S what a praying plant looks like when it's praying!!!

I thought all of the leaves folded up into spirals when it prayed! I didn't realize the entire plant came together!

Coolness!!!

Warthog

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Beavis - you are correct.

In my experience that is exactly what a 'prayer plant' does, it leaves come up (like hands coming together in prayer) and then open back out again.

Quite normal behaviour.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It looks as though your plants roots have been damaged, probably by overwatering. If you only got it 2 days ago you are not the culprit. the roots were damaged before you got it.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oops, didn't see your other post. So it was looking a little sad and brown when you got it then. I see now you meant the curling action.