What is the name so I can get some....

TheNewBee

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
hey everyone, I want to get some of these plants but dont know what its called. It is the 3 larger ones on the right side with the heart-shaped leaves. this is just a pic I saw online but I really like how they fill out. thanks :tools
6415_landscape.jpg

TheNewBee

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thank you!!! Now that I have the name I found what Im going to do in the front yard. something similar to this....
6415_hosta07.jpg

wish me luck....:rainbow-sun

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hostas MAY do okay in zone 9... but some varieties will do much better than others.
They typically need a dormant period of below 40 degrees for about 4 weeks in order to perform well.
Many types are not recommended for warmer than zone 8, some to zone 7.

In your very warm zone, NewBee, you may want to check around locally to see which ones might do well in your area.... OR consider trying a few and mix with some other types of shade plants for now and see how they do.

Here's some info that may help you ....

http://www.hostapatch.com/articles.php

http://www.hostasdirect.com/hosta-info/growing-zones/

Good luck! I wish you hosta success! :ya
My front yard is a hosta haven, I love them!

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Isn't it awesome that the colder zones have something so wonderful as the Hosta, that higher warmer zones cannot have!

Seriously, I am in zone 8a, and I could probably coddle one along; but if they were adaptable here...I would see them, but there aren't any!

This is one of those reversals; where as us warm folks can only dream about what you cold folks have! LOL ...to name a few! :love

Ron

Latest posts