What is this?

Warthog

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
This weed runs amok all over. In the area the goats free range, it's not too much of a problem, they eat it. :lol:

But in the areas I wish to turn into decorative/vegetable areas, I shall remove it.

The pictures are not too good, but hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

7240_024.jpg

7240_039.jpg

It has a small blue flower, which is quite pretty.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Square stems, W?

In the mint family - even if it doesn't smell like it?

Steve

Warthog

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Not sure if the stems are square, but don't think so, I am sure I would remember if they were, but will check.

Doesn't have any mint smell that I have noticed. But will now do some research. Thanks.

Warthog

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
DigistS - yes it does have square stems.

Done some checking up on various mint varieties but not found anything like it yet. Will keep trying, thanks.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
In your area you'll probably have to research tropical plants. The wild plants in Belize haven't been studied very well.

Warthog

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
hoodat said:
In your area you'll probably have to research tropical plants. The wild plants in Belize haven't been studied very well.
Thanks Hoodat, trying to identify anything here, is nigh on impossible. As you say there is very little about Belize flora and fauna. Locals tend to have there own names for things or don't know. But I will keep on searching.