What is Your favorite Classic Holiday Movie ?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Christmas Story. But I hardly think it qualifies as a Classic. :D
You'll put yer eye out!
More of a B grade Relic. But I make everybody suffer through it every year, despite the groans, and we all laugh at the same dumb antics.

I like that Jimmy Stewart one that I can't remember the name to...
but Dh gets very uncomfortable and leaves the room in the first part where he's yelling at his family. I think it stirs up bad kid memories of his parents arguments. So we don't do that one.

Oh, right, thanks Bay, "It's a Wonderful Life".

(I wonder why that post didn't show on my screen until now?)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was just thinking about this movie, NyBoy, as I often am at this season! I was confused for years how it was that I once thought the Wizard of Oz was about Christmas.

It was the television broadcast time.

Wikipedia has cleared it up. From its television premier in 1956 and into the sixties, CBS broadcast the movie between Thanksgiving and Christmas! We were fortunate to have a CBS affiliate as our one and only tv station in the community where I grew up. However, it did not broadcast in color until the sixties.

Well, you remember the Wizard of Oz! The black and white of Kansas then the riotous color in Munchkin Land .. !

Dad was right on the cutting edge of tv technology, despite living in flyover country. As soon as a tv station opened for business, he got a set. So, we could see it for a few years completely in b & w , then! In Glorious Color ..! It was a very Big Deal for several years, and right before Christmas ...

Steve :)
You can click that Smiley Face to listen to a grown-up "Dorothy" sing a few seconds of the song.

Latest posts