What kind of cucumbers do you recommend?

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
(same as post on my thread)
Just ordered Sweet Success cucumbers from Burpee online.
Cucumber, Sweet Success Hybrid, Pack Size 20 Seeds
The coupon code changed the total cost from $6.95 to $7.89
Better than Nuthin...

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Burpee’s or True leaf market is where i get seed. Years ago the price seemed a little higher than other cukes but after several years of sweet success with Sweet Success, i never looked back. Im sure there are plenty of wonderful cukes out there; these just checked all the boxes for growing in our environment. I mentioned growing them indoor’s a while back; here’s 3 that will be ready inside of 10 days! There’s a dozen more up the stalk. Early on these plants will set fruit “at every node”!

Good luck with those!

Attachments

• IMG_1465.jpeg
    IMG_1465.jpeg
    175 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
For the last three or four years I've grown Summer Dance cakes from Territorial Seeds. They have not failed me yet. Thin skinned, small seed, sweet, crisp, trellis well, and productive. I will always grow at least a couple vines of these. I've been doing three vines in a four foot bed, and trellis them up diagonal bamboo that's laid against a 7 foot metal trellis. Image below is Summer Dance from July 2021. Sorry that it's upside down, I rotated it before upload and still no luck.
Sorry, I just couldn't take it any more... those cucumbers are too beautiful to be standing on their heads. And my neck hurts. :lol:
tempImagewvuyrG.png

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
You know, it used to be when I talked horse stuff everybody else's eyes would glaze over.
I had NO WHERE ELSE TO TURN to get advice on this, **noticing everybody else I know with glazed over eyes**
SO THANKFUL for all of my online friends here!! :hugs:hugs:hugs

aside from the common saying about people on the internet (Nobody knows if you're a dog) there is the added bonus of not seeing anyone's eyes glaze over. :) i just assume they can move on to the next message if the topic is not of interest to them.

p.s. woof!

Latest posts