WHAT ? ... NO garden tour ?

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last Monday, when I got just out of the hospital, I got a call from Clark County to tell me that the annual garden tour has been cancelled due to Corona 19. :ep But wait... instead , they will be sending out 2 professional photographer on Thursday to film my garden ( as well as 14 others ) and have the garden tours on the internet on July 20 +/-. :celebrate I told them of my situation , but they said that it will be just fine. They also said that the guys will ask me questions about my garden. What they didn't tell me was that I had to be filmed to narate the history and etc. of my garden for tour. I hope that my acting wasn't too bad as I was not all there due to my weakness ( had to sit in a chair ) and afterefects of daily medications. :rolleyes:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bob! Whatever is ailing you, I wish you a recovery back to your usual self. Been missing your posts.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bringing Back The Natives did their annual garden tours on zoom this year. It was wonderful! They had amazing speakers the first 30 minutes or so then 7 garden tours. This happened on 3 Sundays so I was able to see 21 gardens with natives from the comfort of my home instead of driving all over several counties. And it was free to boot! instead of the usual $30.

Mary

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bringing Back The Natives did their annual garden tours on zoom this year. It was wonderful! They had amazing speakers the first 30 minutes or so then 7 garden tours. This happened on 3 Sundays so I was able to see 21 gardens with natives from the comfort of my home instead of driving all over several counties. And it was free to boot! instead of the usual $30.

Hi Mary, How would you like to take this year's garden tour from Clark County, Washington ? :caf That is if you want to see these gardens featuring natural plants in this area. Unfortunately our subdivision of over 100 homes was built on a former swamp so the developer filled in the wet water areas with rubble rock and then added a great number of truck loads of different soils. This was unknown to us until after we purchased our home... SURPRISE :th So most of the local native plants just does not like to live on our property . :idunno We had to include other plants from around the world together with the native plants that can handle the conditions that are here now. When the County sent out 2 professional photographers for the garden photo shoot, what they didn't tell me was that I will be on camera to talk about my garden. Keep in mind that I just got out of the hospital a couple days before, lost a ton of weight due to getting lasix and a cocktail of antibiotics IV 2x / day for 5 days.Also, I have to now take something like 14 different pills per day. So, I may not sound like my normal self on the video. o_O So for your viewing pleasure of 15 Clark , County gardens , sit back in your favorite chair with a beverage of your choice and enjoy . :caf www.clarkgreenneighbors.org/gardentour . This garden tour should be ready for vueing on July 20 th. ( or shortly after ). :weee

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi all... well the garden tour is finally on line this afternoon ... www.clarkgreenneighbors.org/gardentour .follow the prompts ... there will be a series of dots going downward on the left side of the page
... click on those downward until you reach " all gardens" click on that one for the tour to begin. To scroll down for the next set of gardens --- press down on the mouse button and scroll down . Enjoy !

Last edited: