What Really Is A Wholegrain ?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks Steve one of my biggest problems is, breakfast for me is just coffee. I have to force myself to eat something in the morning. I have lost 7 pounds since ER .
Great! Sometimes it takes a shock to the system to effect change. Not always a bad thing.
What I've been doing is getting breakfast, taking a few bites with morning discussion fest and coffee, then boxing the rest. I nibble a bit whenever I get hungry and finish the meal off with the dog before I go to bed at night.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks Steve one of my biggest problems is, breakfast for me is just coffee. I have to force myself to eat something in the morning. I have lost 7 pounds since ER .
WOW that is a big 1st week lose. It will slow down but do not get discouraged. I highly recommend Weight Watchers if find yourself stuck or bored with what you are doing. Good Luck.

Last edited:

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Support with anything you do always makes it easier to stick with and accomplish.

No early breakfast, have something with 10 o'clock break. Then you can eat a lighter lunch. Or eat a large lunch and a snack at end of day.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
WOW that is a big 1st week lose. It will slow down but do not get discouraged. I highly recommend Weight Watchers if find yourself stuck or bored with what you are dong. Good Luck.
Weight Watchers program works for some people, but not so much for others. My wife joined weight watchers 3 years ago. She followed their program to the n'th degree and bought their measuring spoons , and other things as recommended to follow their program. ( I HATE the stainless steel measuring spoon as it is very difficult and aukward to use and more importantly clean it due to it's shape). She attended their weekly ra ra weigh ins She lost 4 pounds in the first week. The next 6 months ... not even an ounce , just like any other weight loss program that she ever tried. So she finally dropped the program. She is still at the same weight as she was at the start of the program. :caf

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Whatever works for you and whoever motivates you to keep on is a good thing, Nyboy. I could share my 'secret' for weight loss, but it's gross and sad. Now that I am on my own, it's time everyday at the gym and watching what I eat.

There's a great site by the USDA at https://www.supertracker.usda.gov/foodtracker.aspx that I rather like. Sure easier than journaling on paper.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Back! I did have fun but this old lady is tired, tired, tired from all the walking and lack of good sleep. Still, the Grands are happy and they are eager to try an adventure again. We're aiming for somewhere well to the South for Christmas vacation.

I sure hope their parents don't expect to see much of them over Christmas time. They will be sorely disappointed. Mac and I did stop Sunday evening to see Mom, but she was gone somewhere herself both times we tried.

Latest posts