What should I call it? RON, Updated Pics!

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I know this has an actual name but danged if I know what it is. So what should I call it? It looks very similar to my Tequila Sunrise...

This is what it looked like yesterday evening:

IMG_2350.jpg

These I took tonight. Same flowers:

IMG_2354.jpg

IMG_2355.jpg

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
OMG...that is stunning!

Please take a picture tomorrow too! I bet it just goes really dark!

I love it! :throw

The Rose has to be Mankind's Greatest Achievements!

Ron

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Was it a cloudy day today?

Mine usually get darker, but this one seems to have opened lighter in color.

Very nice!

Ron

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hum....I dunno. There's not quite that much pink on mine. It has sort of a peachy-orange kind of center....

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Might be best to wait another season and reassess who this is.

Do you remember the name on the package...like David Austin, or something or other?

Also, this one seems to be talking about a drainage issue, but it may be that it is just a fussy root and a season or two will work that out; you are after all in clay!

When I say "this one seems to be talking about", I mean by the way it appears...something about the way the bush is holding itself and the leaves. I dunno? Just my gut.

Have you utilized Epsom salts yet? I would, just sprinkle about 1/4-1/2 cup crystals and water in with several gallons of water; usually a watering can's worth. You can pre-dissolve it too in the watering can, but I get lazy! (too many roses) I treat twice a year, in the Spring and then Mid-Summer. Clay holds the salts so I do not do it any more than that. I see more vibrant colors that comes through with the use of Epsom Salts.

I cannot wait to see the Spring Blooms, those are always the biggest and most lovely displays.

Ron :bee

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh, that poor rose is screaming to you about the neglect it has suffered. If you had seen it a week ago you would be SO mad at me. I cleaned them up tho and put some burlap around them with wood chips on top. I will do the epsom salt thing too tho. I was thinking if they would like some coffee grounds?

Latest posts