What should I do with all the excess bunny poop?

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
So I stopped adding bunny poop to the garden cause I was concerned I may be adding too much. but the bunnies are still pooping!

So do you think I should compost it or... go ahead and add it the garden? I mean how do you know when enough is enough.

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I thought bunny poop was safe to put right in the garden without worrying about composting?

You could always bag it and sell it as all natural fertilizer :D

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
wifezilla said:
I thought bunny poop was safe to put right in the garden without worrying about composting?

You could always bag it and sell it as all natural fertilizer :D
Both are excellent ideas!!! People will really pay for those little pellets. You might also think about burning them in your wood stove in the winter after they've gotten nice and dried out.

I don't think you can overkill the garden with bunny poo unless its heavy with urine. Start a compost bin, or bag it to sell, or put it in some worm beds.

dbjay417

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I burned a few tomato plants with bunny poop. New leaves were born yellow, and dried up and died. then the plant took to growing normal again.

i think what happened was that there may have been bunny pee on the bunny poo.

At any rate, i have taken to grinding my bunny pellets down into fine poo fibers, and storing them in an old cooler for later use.

I've also taken to grinding it down and mixing it into my soil, where my soil is too sandy or too compacted.

I put it down on a concrete surface, and place a cinder block on it and then grind it down by shifting the block back and forth on top of the poo.

As my rabbitry grows, I will try to bag it and sell it as organic fertilizer.

Right now i've got 4 young rabbits, a mature doe and a mature male, the doe is nursing ten kits.

How could i forget the best part!

No money and 1 open cage!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Save a few bags and add in a couple of weeks. Or sell some, people will pay! Or compost it for later!

You have enough to do whatever you want, whenever you want. :D

warmfuzzies

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I am so excited to read this! So I will compost the chicken poop and put the rabbit poop on now. :weee

Who would ever have thought we would all get excited over a bunch of poo??? :lol:

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
obsessed said:
So I stopped adding bunny poop to the garden cause I was concerned I may be adding too much. but the bunnies are still pooping!

So do you think I should compost it or... go ahead and add it the garden? I mean how do you know when enough is enough.
Head north with a truck load for me!!! :lol:

Latest posts