What to do with a bunch of radishes??

crazzzymike13

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Any recipe ideas? I have a bunch of radishes I need to do something with. I like eatting them by themselves. But I have way too many. Any help?

BetterHensandGardens

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Do as the Germans do - take pumpernickel bread, spread on cream cheese with chives in it, add sliced radishes on top, and eat. They also tend to drink beer with this................:D

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Braised radishes are out of this world- I'll look for the recipe in the morning, if you want it...

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Sliced radishes are great in stir fries. If you add them whole to stew they taste like little turnips. I once ate a cream of radish soup that was delicious but I don't have the recipe for it.

Whitewater

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I found a recipe for a Radish Dip on a blog . . . we made it and it was absolutely fabulous.

The basic recipe is 2c sliced radishes, 8oz plain cream cheese, 2c chopped parsley, some scallions or green onions (we used chives), some lemon juice and some salt. You can add other herbs or feta cheese, or black/white pepper if you want.

Blend it in a blender until its a dip consistency. We didn't add any of the extras and it is simply amazing, particularly with raw veggies of all sorts. It becomes a lovely spring green color with red flecks.

Also, so far it's kept in the fridge for almost 3 weeks with no loss, like mold or off flavors.

You can find the original blog page here: http://foodiefarmgirl.blogspot.com/2009/08/advice-for-new-vegetable-gardeners-what.html

Whitewater

Latest posts