What we did this weekend

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
So, I think I've mentioned on here previously that we have given up trying to plant veggies in the ground here. This weekend we took a bunch more of the chain link fencing we got from hubby's uncle and made another garden area. Then, we made and filled 2 more 4X8 raised planters in anticipation of the impending arrival of our 40 asparagus plants. We also planted lettuce and pak choi in one of our old raised beds in the original kitchen garden area we fenced last year. I think today we will put some sugar peas and radishes in. Then we keep our fingers crossed. :fl Guess I should mention that it was in the low 70's here this weekend and absolutely beautiful! :tools

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
40??? Holy cow! Have you ever grown asparagus before? I hope all of your plants are males or you're going to get overrun!

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
good for you skeeter9

we put in 10 crowns about 10 years ago in a 2x18 raised bed, they have taken over the whole bed. after a while of eating them<there's only so many ways to prepare them>
the owner of the company were I work loves them, so he gets them.
yup a little ass kissing goes a long way..lol

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Most favorite way to eat Asparagus...

RAW!

2nd most favorite way, show it the boiling water for a couple seconds then pour some heated creamy cheese sauce over it.

3rd most favorite way, however it's cooked, I don't care...So long as no anchovies are poured onto it!!! :p

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
both those sound good too, asparagus or boiled artichoke, or cauliflower, or broccoli...