What would You put with Tomato?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The British have this reputation of not being very good at cooking. That stereotype must be falling away these days. Have you seen that British cooking competition on PBS? I guess it must be the BBC ...

Almost scary the intensity of the emotions involved! Those people take cooking seriously!

I am a casual, light hearted, make-it-easy cook. This British food writer seems to have that attitude but he goes for "additions." Spice things up! I hardly know spices other than freshly ground pepper and Super Chili flakes.

Anyway, here's what he would put with all those tomatoes that you and I need to get off the kitchen counter today:
Nigel Slater, Tomatoes

Steve ;)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
IMG_20160911_085530047.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I also see that ..

. Nigella and Jamie Oliver use that term. We had probably better recognize that the British and Americans are separated ..

. by a common language.

;) Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
That was interesting...even though it made me cry. A late summer with no tomatoes to save from frost! None. :hit

I like the different terminology. :) One of the things I enjoyed about James Herriots books. Fortunately the world has not become one homogenized language yet.

Latest posts